California allocates over 2 billion dollars annually to community college programs. NOVA is a centralized platform for managing these funds. NOVA’s goal is to increase student success by fostering continuous institutional improvement through data management, fund management and informed program creation.
Using the NOVA Platform is a new curriculum in the Vision Resource Center that begins with a quick introductory module to the purpose and fundamentals of the NOVA platform: what its functions are, the programs that it tracks, and the guiding principles of its development. Following the introductory module, there is a series of videos that cover creating and logging into an account, as well as how to use the platform for specific programs in the California Community Colleges:
- California Adult Education Program Plan
- Guided Pathways Plan
- Local Vision Goals Plan
- Nursing Plan
- Perkins Headcount Certification
- Student Equity Plan
- Strong Workforce Program Reporting
Accessing the Using the NOVA Platform Curriculum
California Community Colleges faculty, staff, and administrators can access the Using the NOVA Platform curriculum in the Vision Resource Center.
- Log in, and search for “Using the NOVA Platform”.
- In the list of search results look for Using the NOVA Platform and click on the curriculum title to access the “Training Details” page.
- Click the blue “Request” button. You will be redirected to your transcript, where the curriculum will now be listed as an active training. Click the blue “Open Curriculum” button to open and access the content.