Financial aid is a critical driver for student success in the California Community Colleges. Providing faculty and staff information about the basics of financial aid bridges campus silos, while also being a means of closing equity gaps as students can get increased support in receiving and maintaining their financial aid. Maximizing Financial Aid For California’s Community College Students is a new learning module in the Vision Resource Center that is meant to help faculty and non-financial aid staff understand basic financial aid information and related support for students.
This module reviews financial aid in the California Community Colleges and covers:
- College Affordability
- Financial Aid Programs
- Helping Students Maximize Awards
- Supporting Students Through the Process
Accessing the Maximizing Financial Aid For California’s Community College Students Module
California Community Colleges faculty, staff, and administrators can access this module in the Vision Resource Center. Navigate to “Learner Home”, in the “Learn” menu of the main navigation. Type in the module title and click “enter”. Click on the module title to access the “Training Details” page, then click the blue “Launch” button to begin the module. The training will automatically be added to your transcript for future access.
California allocates over 2 billion dollars annually to community college programs. NOVA is a centralized platform for managing these funds. NOVA’s goal is to increase student success by fostering continuous institutional improvement through data management, fund management and informed program creation.
Using the NOVA Platform is a new curriculum in the Vision Resource Center that begins with a quick introductory module to the purpose and fundamentals of the NOVA platform: what its functions are, the programs that it tracks, and the guiding principles of its development. Following the introductory module, there is a series of videos that cover creating and logging into an account, as well as how to use the platform for specific programs in the California Community Colleges:
- California Adult Education Program Plan
- Guided Pathways Plan
- Local Vision Goals Plan
- Nursing Plan
- Perkins Headcount Certification
- Student Equity Plan
- Strong Workforce Program Reporting
Accessing the Using the NOVA Platform Curriculum
California Community Colleges faculty, staff, and administrators can access the Using the NOVA Platform curriculum in the Vision Resource Center.
- Log in, and search for “Using the NOVA Platform”.
- In the list of search results look for Using the NOVA Platform and click on the curriculum title to access the “Training Details” page.
- Click the blue “Request” button. You will be redirected to your transcript, where the curriculum will now be listed as an active training. Click the blue “Open Curriculum” button to open and access the content.